8.2.x, touchpads and papercuts

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:24:15 EST 2009

Last time I mentioned I was looking at a simple, low risk 8.2.x
release, Richard and Paul jumped on me with "gotta recompile that
kernel!". Clearly, they are men of mystery, fast cars, women and in
their book, yeah, changing the kernel, low risk mate :-)

Anyway - I am finishing with other aspects of the build and want to
see what can we do for:

= CL1 Alps users
   - better kmod?
   - pgf proposed an xset command to tweak responsiveness?

= CL1A "New touchpad" users
  - split off psmouse kmod?
  - kmod or xorg option to disable tapping?

If we end up changing the kernel, I'll probably issue 2 testing
images, one with the old kernel, another with the new kernel, and ask
for reports.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions