How to get sugar config values without a console?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:01:29 EDT 2009

I'm working on olpc-update-query, a script that runs without a tty
(from NM hooks and cron) and needs to query Sugar configuration stuff.
To make things more complicated, it runs as root :-/

It's a good thing that we have sugar-control-panel, but at least on
0.82 it doesn't work unless you're in Terminal. Strangely enough, it
tries to load gtk.

Is there a better way to do what I am hoping to do, in a portable way
(that works on 0.82, 0.84, 0.86)? Or should I fall back on yaml
linbraries for 0.82 and gconf cli for 0.84?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions