from Peru, sugar in DEBIAN

Andres Cabrera mantaraya36 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 20:01:14 EDT 2009

You can also try to download activities from activities.sugarlabs.org.
Many will work without recomipiling, just by installing the packages
within sugar. Since the debian package for Browse is broken you need
to download the file with wget or from GNOME, etc. and then install it
within sugar using the terminal activity using sugar-install-bundle.

Cheers,
Andrés

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM, OLPC Puno <olpcpuno at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Sdenka from Puno Peru, since one month we are using Debian at
> Glorioso San Carlos High School in PERU. We installed the sugar and 10
> activities including in Debian packages, then added ETOYS, SCRATCH AND
> LOGOTURTLE.
>
> I need the other activities' source code to compilate in Debian to use and
> test them with teenagers students this year. Our goal is testing and
> then use Debian in elementary school which didn't receive LAPTOP XO, but
> like to use the wonderful activities FOR EDUCATION.
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply,
>

> SDENKA

Andrés