from Peru, sugar in DEBIAN

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon May 4 00:29:31 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 5:17 PM, OLPC Puno <olpcpuno at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Sdenka from Puno Peru, since one month we are using Debian at
> Glorioso San Carlos High School in PERU. We installed the sugar and 10
> activities including in Debian packages, then added ETOYS, SCRATCH AND
> LOGOTURTLE.
>
> I need the other activities' source code to compile in Debian to use and
> test them with teenagers students this year. Our goal is testing and
> then use Debian in elementary school which didn't receive LAPTOP XO, but
> like to use the wonderful activities FOR EDUCATION.

Jonas Smedegaard is working on packaging Sugar activities for Debian,
and would be one of your best resources. In order to help you most
effectively, I would need to know something more about what you would
like to do. You can compile and run Sugar activities in several
different ways. If Sugar in jhbuild or in a virtual machine image will
work for you, these resources will help.

o http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Jhbuild

o http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Xo-get

o http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick

o http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Image_files

o http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/QEMU

Any information you can give on results of compiling, or on packaging,
or testing, will be very helpful.

> Thanks in advance for your reply,
>

> SDENKA

And Children are my nation.