Logistics, and school identification.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 4 06:58:50 EDT 2009

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the great article about the logistics - at
http://www.reactivated.net/weblog/archives/2009/05/xo-laptop-deployment-logistics/
-- it was an area that I was about to start asking questions about.
Saves me a lot of asking ;-)

I am also CC'ing Emiliano and Hernan, as I am working on the XS-based
'delegated activation', so I want to make sure what I build fits in
the logistics and workflows in Peru and Uy. So Hernan, Emiliano, if
there's variations on the logistics that Daniel outlines that I should
keep in mind, do let me know...

Following the blog entry, the inventory system you mention has the SN
and UUID for all the machines, as well as the classroom and school. I
have a few questions about it...

 - What the format of the school identifier? For the classroom?
 - Can the SN, UUID,classroom, school data be exported to a CSV file
or something similar?
 - Can I get my hands on a sample file? :-)
 - How are updates to the information handled? Does the inventory get
updated when new laptops are sent to a school? Does it handle
blacklisting (marking an XO as broken or stolen), replacement, etc?

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions