What to expect from developers, are there any left?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Mar 2 11:21:09 EST 2009

> What would you do if you ran Ubuntu on your main computer but some of
> the buttons on your keyboard were not working correctly? You would
> file a bug with Ubuntu, who would hopefully either fix the problem on
> their own back, or help you to report the issue to the developers of
> the related package (which would likely be one of the X.org input
> components, in the case of keyboard troubles).
>
> The same applies here -- install a distro on your XO and report bugs
> to the distributor. I recommend Fedora through Chris's rawhide-xo
> builds, bugzilla.redhat.com, and the fedora-olpc list.

Speaking for myself, if it was Ubuntu I wanted to run -- I would not
  choose the XO as the platform -- I would choose something more
powerful, even if it cost more than $200 USD.

I __have__ installed a distro (let's call it "OLPC") on my XO, which
provides goodies (such as a reasonably working OHM in Joyride) that
other currently available distros don't.

The advice given above ("install a distro") seems to say:  "What you
have now - throw it out !!".  Thanks.

mikus