rotate button sucks on the XO

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at
Sun Mar 1 12:12:09 EST 2009

pgf at wrote:
> while i can understand the frustration when something that seems
> simple and obvious doesn't work, starting wout with "XXXX sucks"
> probably isn't the best way to get people to listen to your issues.
 From my experience, it is the most straightforward way to get some
reply to my mostly arcane questions... :) I am sorry if I offended people.
> how do other people feel about this problem?  are there any good
> reasons to _not_ make the touchpad rotate with the screen?  (i
> actually think this might be an almost, but not quite, trivial
> addition to the grab key daemon i mentioned to the list last
> week.  matching the touchpad "orientation" to the orientation
> of the screen initially would be the tricky part -- if they were
> out of sync, it'd be a real drag.)
Unfortunately I do not have enough linux programming experience to do
this otherwise I would have been already done that.
> noiseehc wrote:
>  > Hello!
>  >
>  > Just today I have noticed some things about the rotate button (which is
>  > below the directional buttons on the display part):
>  > 1. When the screen is rotated the mouse does not so if I turn the XO to
>  > be able to read letters, I cannot navigate with the mouse.
>  > 2. An Xvideo RGB overlay displays the big nothing (black) while the
>  > screen is rotated.
>  >
>  > If somebody will fix it to be usable then it would be a good idea to
>  > program the rotate button so that holding pressed for 2 seconds would
>  > turn on-off the backlight (color to mono and back).
> is this simply to make the backlight controllable from ebook mode?
> because shift-increase and shift-decrease (or is it ctrl?) accomplish
> this pretty simply now.
Yes, it would be just for the ebook mode. I think it is a more sane
proposition than for example overloading the power button with extra