Current Stable OS Install

S Page skierpage at
Wed Jun 17 17:06:32 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Jacob Haddon<thaesa at> wrote:

> I've been digging through and fedora wikis, forums and dev lists for this answer and cannot seem to find it.
> I have a first gen XO (G1G1) and want to install the current stable OS on it.

>From and the green box on
pages like,

  Stable: Build 802 (8.2.1) ,  2009-05-13

Read to see if
you are running the latest stable release, both those pages link to
it.  The 8.2.1 release notes have instructions for upgrading.

Can you remember pages on and that confused you?

> Fedora 11 is out, but I cannot seem to find any builds of it, or 10 that seem to work on the XO. Am I missing something?

8.2.1 is I believe still based on Fedora 9. If you want something
later, you'll have to run a development/beta build. tries to explain and link to
the alternatives, if it doesn't make sense ask away (or edit

=S Page