Current Stable OS Install

Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jun 17 17:05:54 EDT 2009

Hi Jacob,

Check out Chapter 2.11 in our Support FAQ which is all about upgrading &
clean installing to more recent and better software:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ

In short, these days we generally recommend Release 8.2.1 (Build 802)
from Spring 2009:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/USB_update

Certain people prefer Release 8.2.0 (Build 767) from Autumn 2008 which
sometimes offers more reliable wireless:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/8.2.0

Finally if you can help kids worldwide testing the very latest, please
backup all your files then definitely try:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2009-June/006465.html
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation/OLPC

Thanks!

--