Bootloader question

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:51:30 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd also be interested to know what is required to add support for new
> filesystems to OFW. ext4 now has the option to run without a journal
> which gives it the advantage that ext2 had over ext3 with a lot of the
> other improvements that come with ext4. I wonder what would be
> required to add support for it and the likes of ubifs?

Well, Mitch might chime in, or there's the ofw mailing list :-).

I'm sure OFW will get some ext2/3/4 support for the XO-1.5 hardware,
which will have an FTL. For XO-1.0 users -- there's over a million of
them -- FTLs are not an option, so it'll be interesting to see if
ubifs works better.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions