Testing summary - 18 July 2009 Wellington, NZ

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jul 18 08:03:48 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 13:31, Walter Bender<walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Tabitha Roder<tabitha at hrdnz.com> wrote:
>> Testing summary - 18 July 2009, Wellington, NZ
>>
>> Who: Tim, Tabitha, Grant, Uli, Stella, Leah, Becs, Brenda, Callum, Dave, Sigi
>>
>> Putting dev keys in the last XOs to be updated.
>>
>> Updating builds from 767 to 802 on all XOs
>>
>> Trying soas-strawberry in virtual machines on other laptops.
>>
>> tested out chat with six XOs then added write activity but we could
>> not see each others writing :-( though seeing each other in the frame
>> in both activities. In the neighborhood view we are seeing each other
>> but we keep appearing and disappearing. tried different XOs sharing
>> the activity and this time it worked. tried adding picture, some XOs
>> got picture, some XOs stopped sharing - seems we now have at least
>> three versions of the truth. multiple cursors are flashing in
>> different places on each XO. we are seeing different numbers of other
>> XOs in activity in frame. write quit itself on two XOs.  This does not
>> seem to be impacting chat activity. we still sharing chat no worries.
>
> Was this on the 802 XOs? Were they connected to a Jabber server or
> running a local mesh? Did you try connecting with any of the
> "Stravberry" machines?
>
>> M_Stone requests openvpn experiment with us, on five XOs, so we be on
>> same ethernet. Seemed like we could connect to vpn but then got stuck
>> when pinging address M_Stone sent us. Could not access sample keys.
>> Further information from m_stone. Happy to test further next week.
>>
>> Walter Bender requests tests of turtleart-55: found that on
>> wiki.laptop you get version 44, on sugarlabs.org you get version 55
>> from the top right hand activities link but version 51 from the
>> activities link in the middle of the sugarlabs.org page. Pop up
>> windows is making it very difficult to install new activities as
>> dialogue box appears in window behind, or does not appear at all. This
>> is impacting how browse activity works too - if we cant close pop up
>> (due to no close button sometimes and cant move window around) we
>> cannot end the browse activity. It is further impacting in that the
>> window is appearing to sit in front of frame and impacting other zoom
>> views, e.g. going in front of neighbourhood view. Could not install
>> activities on some XOs from sugarlabs site.
>
> I guess I am confused as to where you were downloading from. Did you
> try activities.sugarlabs.org? Or
> wiki.sugarlabs.org/Activities/TurtleArt? Or some other page?
>
> I would expect that the former would have worked. I am not aware of
> any pop-up windows. Could you please post a screen capture?

They are going to activities.sl.o from the main sugarlabs.org page,
which opens it in a new window, which in 0.84 is a popup window.

We have fixed it already in 0.85 by using tabs, but the marketing team
wants to do something else in the site before fixing it. CC'ing the
marketing list.

I think it's very unfortunate that Sugar users have such a bad
experience when navigating to our site.

Regards,

Tomeu