Testing summary - 18 July 2009 Wellington, NZ

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Jul 18 11:57:01 EDT 2009

>>> Could not install activities on some XOs from sugarlabs site.
>>
>> I guess I am confused as to where you were downloading from. Did you
>> try activities.sugarlabs.org?
>
> They are going to activities.sl.o from the main sugarlabs.org page

The way I install Activities on F11-builds on XO-1 is *completely*
different from how  the marketing team imagines anyone might do it
[I don't use Browse for the downloads, and where the activities
actually get placed (installed) is on my SD card] -- in consequence
I have to jump through hoops to access the latest versions.

Because the top-level references on activities.sl.o are "indirect",
I have to navigate down to someplace that tells me where the file I
want actually *is*.  And then all too often, the file wants a logon
- in which case I end up going to a Linux system, logging on there,
downloading to that system, transporting the file across to my XO,
all this before finally installing it at the XO.

I understand that the intent is to "simplify" (like in 'one click')
the installing of activities.  Being a curmudgeon, my attitude is:
"Mother, I'd rather do it myself!"

mikus