Testing summary - 18 July 2009 Wellington, NZ

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 07:31:20 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Tabitha Roder<tabitha at hrdnz.com> wrote:
> Testing summary - 18 July 2009, Wellington, NZ
>
> Who: Tim, Tabitha, Grant, Uli, Stella, Leah, Becs, Brenda, Callum, Dave, Sigi
>
> Putting dev keys in the last XOs to be updated.
>
> Updating builds from 767 to 802 on all XOs
>
> Trying soas-strawberry in virtual machines on other laptops.
>
> tested out chat with six XOs then added write activity but we could
> not see each others writing :-( though seeing each other in the frame
> in both activities. In the neighborhood view we are seeing each other
> but we keep appearing and disappearing. tried different XOs sharing
> the activity and this time it worked. tried adding picture, some XOs
> got picture, some XOs stopped sharing - seems we now have at least
> three versions of the truth. multiple cursors are flashing in
> different places on each XO. we are seeing different numbers of other
> XOs in activity in frame. write quit itself on two XOs.  This does not
> seem to be impacting chat activity. we still sharing chat no worries.

Was this on the 802 XOs? Were they connected to a Jabber server or
running a local mesh? Did you try connecting with any of the
"Stravberry" machines?

> M_Stone requests openvpn experiment with us, on five XOs, so we be on
> same ethernet. Seemed like we could connect to vpn but then got stuck
> when pinging address M_Stone sent us. Could not access sample keys.
> Further information from m_stone. Happy to test further next week.
>
> Walter Bender requests tests of turtleart-55: found that on
> wiki.laptop you get version 44, on sugarlabs.org you get version 55
> from the top right hand activities link but version 51 from the
> activities link in the middle of the sugarlabs.org page. Pop up
> windows is making it very difficult to install new activities as
> dialogue box appears in window behind, or does not appear at all. This
> is impacting how browse activity works too - if we cant close pop up
> (due to no close button sometimes and cant move window around) we
> cannot end the browse activity. It is further impacting in that the
> window is appearing to sit in front of frame and impacting other zoom
> views, e.g. going in front of neighbourhood view. Could not install
> activities on some XOs from sugarlabs site.

I guess I am confused as to where you were downloading from. Did you
try activities.sugarlabs.org? Or
wiki.sugarlabs.org/Activities/TurtleArt? Or some other page?

I would expect that the former would have worked. I am not aware of
any pop-up windows. Could you please post a screen capture?

> Had to go. :-(
>
> More testing next week.
>
> Thanks everyone
>
> Tabitha