[Testing] Notes from an impromptu 8.2.1 Release Mtg.

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jan 30 09:43:19 EST 2009

2009/1/30 Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net>:
>> What is 1352? joyride-1352? Ticket 1352?
>
> Sorry, I didn't keep good notes.  The real filename was very long so I
> renamed it to something reasonable, or at least it seemed reasonable at the
> time.  It's joyride or whatever rather than a ticket.
>
> I think it came from a URL in a recent message to devel, probably early in
> this subject/thread.  My quick attempts at tracking it down didn't get
> anywhere.  I've got the MD5 file so we should be able to find it if it's
> worth the effort.

I still don't understand which version you are comparing to. Can't you
just go to the control panel and check?

> My current setup works if I wait a while after booting, then poke the icon
> for my AP.   (There is a Connect choice, but no others.  Just poking the icon
> without waiting for the menu does the right thing.)
>
> That's after running Wpa.sh which I got  (ages ago) from ??? which writes
> some stuff to /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/networks.cfg

What is wpa.sh and why do you have to use it? You do know that the OS
supports WPA out-of-the-box (although unreliable with some APs),
right?
Other questions that it would be useful to know the answer to:

Did you wait sufficiently long enough (perhaps as long as 5 minutes)
for the XO to check mesh channels for school servers before consulting
the history of infrastructure networks?

Is the AP is marked as a favourite when it appears on the network
view? It should have a star against the circular icon.

Thanks,
Daniel