Backlight control

John Watlington wad at
Tue Jan 27 00:10:57 EST 2009

On Jan 24, 2009, at 5:18 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:23 AM, John Watlington <wad at>
> wrote:
>> What can I call from an activity (in python) to indicate that the
>> backlight
>> should be turned off ?
>> I'm playing with a photoframe app, and want to have the ability to
>> deliberately
>> control the backlight level from the UI.
> See
> src/jarabe/model/
> Marco

Thanks for the pointer.

When using those functions I receive the following error message:
RuntimeError: To make asynchronous calls, receive signals or export
objects, D-Bus connections must
be attached to a main loop by passing mainloop=... to the constructor
or calling dbus.set_default_main_loop(...)

It seems like a code fragment was missing from the file,
and in my particular application, I wouldn't mind if those calls were
synchronous --- how do I do so ?