right pilgrim setup for 8.2.1 staging builds

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 05:29:33 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Ties Stuij <cjstuij at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey dear list,
> we need to base a release on the latest 8.2.1 changes here in Nepal,
> however I can't find a public pilgrim repo that is actually configured
> right.
>
> I found the 8.2.1 pilgrim branch, who's only significant change is
> that one yum repo is changed to an alledged 8.2.1 repo, and I hoped
> this was all that was needed to get an up-to-date image ready.
> However, images built with this pilgrim, are no different from 8.2. It
> gets exactly the same packages.
>
> So did I choose the wrong branch, or is there a secret pilgrim-setup
> somewhere, with which the 8.2.1 staging images on xs-dev.l.o are
> built?
>
> I would really, really appreciate it if somebody can point me to the
> right setup!

If no-one with actual knowledge in these matters is reading this,
could I perhaps have shell access to xs-dev.l.o? I'm pretty sure the
setup for the staging builds is in cscott's home dir, since the
familiar dir structure for the staging streams and what appear are the
right repos seem to be located there. How those repos are combined is
another question though. Guessing possible setups isn't working for
me, and isn't such a smart idea either. And of course there's the
question of staging-related changes in pilgrim itself.

Again, I'd love some help on this,
/Ties