Android, OLPC, and native hosting

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Tue Dec 29 08:19:10 EST 2009

> 2009/12/29 NoiseEHC <NoiseEHC at freemail.hu>:
>
>> me. Another (optional) question is why did you left out gdb from the list?
>>

> All sorts of things run on the 3/4 xterms i use. valgrind, gdb,
> python -m pdb, tail -f /path/to/log, ipython, ps_mem.py, psql, git
> commands...

And if all those tools would be integrated into an IDE then it would be
bad is not it? Or do you think that it is impossible to do?

>> All your code is perfect because you are a top-quality programmer who do not
>> make mistakes because of emacs or what?
>>

> You seem to be reading things that I do not write. My code is not
> perfect. I debug plenty with various mechanisms. There is no problem
> here.

Okay, next time I will write <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.

>> like the endless suffering I had to
>> enjoy while fixing some kernel bugs. What I am saying is that I *do not
>> want* to develop without IDEs.
>>

> Ok, then that is *your personal preference*. Not The End of the World,
> not the Betrayal Of The Children.

See, finally we are on the same page.
First, it can be the personal preferences of a lot of people but because
you have excluded them you will never know. (And simply *that is my
point*!!!).
Second, the "End of the World, Betrayal Of The Children" (I like this
wording) argument was yours in that <sarcasm> Android kills children by
not allowing to develop core applications on the XO </sarcasm> thread.
(BTW it was not yours personally, the *plural you* was intended here.)