Little issue with Midore

Yuan Chao yuanchao at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 07:04:22 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> As I said before, it is not a proper bug, and I fixed it by setting the
>>> default font size to 6px, in the ~/.config/midori/config, and it looks
>>> better. Is there a way to set this configuration by default?, I think it
>>> could be done in the RPM itself, in a %post stage.
>
> It is a natural reaction to our screen being a bit special. On earlier
> OSs we've scaled up the 'zoom' for the xulrunner (gecko) engine;
> effectively scaling the whole page to 134%.
I'd like to share my experience that I also tried several ways to
adjust the font size, ex. change propotional/mono space font size, fix
to 96 dpi... they only work partially. The most effective one is to
enlarge the minimum font size which César mentioned. Is there some
documentation about what has been done on xulrunner for the Browse
activity? This would be beneficial for other potential browsers to use
on XO. I was trying Chrome but the current RPM provided needs bunches
of dependencies. Yum crashed during the installation. (post install
failed due to OOM)

BTW, re-size the image size largely degraded the rendering
performance. Though the current quality suggests the most efficient
algorithm used already. (very poor quality)

> Background - the whole page, and the topic I link to -- here
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Display#UI_design_and_physical_geometry
Thank you very much. This is very useful.

Also, there's an issue on the javascript engine of Midori, it breaks
on some sites like google reader. I read about this on the Midori bug
tracking when googling and there's already some fix for it. (haven't
tried myself) Would XO F11 include the fix some time or just wait for
the new distribution builds?

--
Best regards,
Yuan Chao