Little issue with Midore

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 05:14:09 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> As I said before, it is not a proper bug, and I fixed it by setting the
>> default font size to 6px, in the ~/.config/midori/config, and it looks
>> better. Is there a way to set this configuration by default?, I think it
>> could be done in the RPM itself, in a %post stage.

It is a natural reaction to our screen being a bit special. On earlier
OSs we've scaled up the 'zoom' for the xulrunner (gecko) engine;
effectively scaling the whole page to 134%.

Background - the whole page, and the topic I link to -- here
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Display#UI_design_and_physical_geometry

> Also, beware that the problem might not appear on a different screen
> than th XO's. So by fixing this bug for the XO screen, you might be
> introducing it (i.e. too small fonts) for other screens.

I think it'd be good to add it in the kickstart that builds the image.

> If you want to report this issue, bugzilla would be the place to go.

Don't think this is an upstream issue, unless you also find it on a non-xo.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions