[support-gang] FW: Secure or Unsecure?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 8 00:27:56 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 04:53:12PM -0800, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> All seems to be working fine with the expected bugs (no camera yet).
> Now I just need someone to tell me what I should test.  I don't want
> to just duplicate what has already been done.
>
> Should I just "play" until something "breaks" or are there specific
> things that need to be looked at?

For you, given our conversation last night, I think this option (play
until break) is probably the best.  You will naturally play with things
that others might not.  That will be good value.  Duplication isn't
necessarily a bad thing.

Then comes the hard bit ... checking to see if it is a known problem
before you spend a huge amount of time on it.

Know what the known problems are first, so you don't waste time on them.

How much time to spend?  Check out
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Reporting_bugs ... it gives you a few options;
a quick and easy way, some less quick ways, and some ways that can be
more helpful.

What are the known problems?  Check out
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_1.5/Known_Issues for the short list of
major problems, and http://dev.laptop.org/1.5 for the longer list of all
known problems.

You could use your browser to search in that page, for example.

The more you test the more you will have a feel for whether a problem
needs to be tracked.  You build up a mental model.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/