What level Sugar Activities on F11 ?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:24:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Mikus Grinbergs<mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> I asked once before, but got no answer:
>
> | When the XO-1.5 on F11 software is eventually deployed (e.g.,
> | installed by the factory), what level of Sugar will it provide ?
>
> I just installed 'write-66.xo' on a Parrish XO-1 build on my XO-1.
> It failed to launch, because its python code could not find any module
> called  'toolbarbox' (to import classes from).
>
> I see that the recent SoaS3 build (which has a preliminary Sugar 0.86)
> provides a 'toolbarbox' module - but Sugar 0.84, which is what the Parrish
> XO-1 builds have, does not.  What I want to know is whether it would be
> worthwhile for me to sooner or later try out 'write-66', or whether I should
> plan to do my XO Activity testing only with 0.84-compatible Activity
> versions.
>

> Please:
>
> Is XO-1.5 software expected to run Activities marked "for 0.86" ?

If we are shipping Sugar 0.84, the answer is no (due to API incompatibility).
The current build tools pulls in the latest stable activities from
ASLO somewhat blindly (as per my understanding), and I have a way to
fix that. I'll commit the changes after some more tests (ETA: end of
this week)

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--