What level Sugar Activities on F11 ?

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Aug 17 14:26:41 EDT 2009

Mikus,

Many of us would like an answer to that question sooner rather than
later....  But, in OLPCs defence it is a very difficult issues.  The
two issues are:
1. Increasing the number of deployed versions greatly increases the
cost of support.
2. While recent versions of Sugar have additional functionality, the
newness of the code base can make testing and deploying more
difficult.

As a data point, think of the specific use cases of Fedora and Red Hat
Enterprise Linux.

As the ecosystem matures, it will be important to think about SL
pushing development forward with new releases every 6 months.  At the
same time, deploying organisations will need to cluster around less
frequent stable releases to share the cost of long term support.

david