release 8.2 build 762 still has olpc-update manifest failure at line 383 problem

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:35:49 EDT 2008

Updating from build 656,  using olpc-update 2.7 installed per the
instructions at  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Olpc-
update#Workaround:_updating_olpc-update

Before installing the latest build I boot back into my alternate
image (656) so I can test the update process to a current build from
a build (656) a late G1G1 system would have.
command line used : olpc-update -v 8.2-762
Note I also see the problem below if I use the --usb update option.

I had hoped there would be a more recent olpc-update that was
available to use when updating from the G1G1 builds that did not show
this problem.

/Robert H.