release 8.2 build 762 still has olpc-update manifest failure at line 383 problem

genesee genesee.gbh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:31:39 EDT 2008

Howdy,
The line 383  localtime error went away around joyride-2344 or so and has
stayed away. BTW, olpc-update has been fast and clean for a number of
updates. The new build gets updated the first try without doing the 'dirty'
download and install thing. Whatever y'all did is muy bueño.

I am not your target user, a child, nor am I part of the Cambridge brain
trust, an egghead. I am a G1G1 unreconstructed Southern California hippie
that has been updating from joyride to joyride, (no signed or candidate
builds), since about joyride-2276. It's addictive. I'm up to joyride-2472
right now and will probably update later today once the new build
announcements slow down, (after bedtime in Boston?).

¡Gracias!
               --genesee