8.2-760 collaboration + power save interaction

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 15:22:27 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Chris Marshall
<jns-cmarshall at comcast.net> wrote:
> Also: I noticed that if you hover over a Friend in the
> Group view to invite for sharing with the Chat Activity
> that the popup menu has "Invite to" with the Chat
> icon but not the word Chat.  Given that some icons
> might be similar, it is important to keep the text in
> there too.  I thought it used to be in the popup.

This is definitely a bug.  The relevant code is line 90 of
BuddyMenu.py (sugar/src/view):

title = activity.get_title()
label.set_text(_('Invite to %s') % title)

So either the title of the activity was actually null (accidentally
cleared?), or the call to activity.get_title didn't return as
expected.  Either of these is worth a ticket, since we shouldn't allow
the title of an activity to be set to null; instead, the former title
should be replaced if the user clears the entry. (It's likely that
both of these need tickets actyally; I'm pretty sure we don't enforce
a non-empty string in the title from the activity toolbar.)

- Eben