8.2-760 collaboration + power save interaction

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sat Sep 20 14:55:21 EDT 2008

Apologies for the non-Track report in the interest

of faster reporting...

I was demo-ing 2 MP XOs running the 8.2-760
release and observed failure to communicate invitations
for sharing when the other XO was in the reduced
power mode (as evidenced by the display darkening).
The reduced power mode seems to take a minute or
less to activate.

* The invitation does not appear in the invitee's display

* The invitee's XO does not wake

* When the invitee's XO is woken by user activity, the
    outstanding invitation to share does not then appear.
    It must be resent.

Also: I noticed that if you hover over a Friend in the
Group view to invite for sharing with the Chat Activity
that the popup menu has "Invite to" with the Chat
icon but not the word Chat.  Given that some icons
might be similar, it is important to keep the text in
there too.  I thought it used to be in the popup.

--Chris