XO power consumption under 8.2-759

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Sep 16 17:46:50 EDT 2008

Richard A. Smith wrote:

> My measurements were taken with the CPU off across long periods so that
> activity was minimal.  (I spent an entire Sunday taking them as I did
> other chores).  With the CPU off the fluctuation of the power draw is
> greatly reduced.  This could be the reason.  I will repeat my
> measurements to confirm.

After working on the wiki page I see that you were talking about the
idle measurement here where the CPU was active.  Interesting.  I'll
certainly re-run my measurements and see.

Perhaps its a build regression.  Those test were run quite a while ago.
I see I didn't list the build nor upload the raw files. (Which would
have the build /me smacks self) I might be able to find them in my huge
store of log files by the date encoded in the file name if I kept them.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child