XO power consumption under 8.2-759

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Sep 16 17:01:50 EDT 2008

John Gilmore wrote:

> I don't know why my power measurements are much higher than Richard's
> from February (he got 3.9W to 4.9W where I got 5.9W).  I tend to trust
> his more, since mine are one-shot samples, but my dimmer measurements
> do tend to corroborate each other (i.e. none of them got down to 4.9W
> until very very dim, yet he says the backlight was on full during his
> test).

My measurements were taken with the CPU off across long periods so that
activity was minimal.  (I spent an entire Sunday taking them as I did
other chores).  With the CPU off the fluctuation of the power draw is
greatly reduced.  This could be the reason.  I will repeat my
measurements to confirm.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child