recognizing a previous connection

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Sep 10 11:15:10 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 09:25:57AM -0400, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> To me, the "G1G1 environment" is characterized by NOT using the same
> connection each time.  Please don't make it cumbersome to switch APs

AFAIK, NetworkManager should Just Do This every time you return to
within range of an AP to which you've previously associated
successfully.  It's possibly because we have the "Simple Mesh" step
that can always succeed, and that NM won't switch away from that, that
we cen the current behavior.  Perhaps in NM 0.7 this can be improved.

> mikus

Martin