Fedora 10 for 9.1.0?

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Wed Oct 15 14:45:59 EDT 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Jim Gettys wrote:

> I agree with Marco, no distro-wars, pretty, please.  Where I sit,
> Ubuntu's advantages have decreased, rather than increased over the last
> couple years.  Even Mark Shuttleworth, when I last chatted with him
> early this year, said it didn't make a significant difference.

from a single-shot conversion point of view I agree that there is no
significant difference.

however, what started this conversation was the desire to figure out what
fedora builds were going to be the base of a long-term-supported RHEL
release. That information is not available for the redhat family, but is
available for Ubuntu. That could be a significant difference.

> The wider Sugar and software appropriate for kids is available, the
> better we all are.

definantly.

David Lang