Fedora 10 for 9.1.0?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Oct 15 10:04:42 EDT 2008

I agree with Marco, no distro-wars, pretty, please.  Where I sit,
Ubuntu's advantages have decreased, rather than increased over the last
couple years.  Even Mark Shuttleworth, when I last chatted with him
early this year, said it didn't make a significant difference.

The wider Sugar and software appropriate for kids is available, the
better we all are.
                          - Jim

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 13:41 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Bert Freudenberg
> <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>         Am 15.10.2008 um 01:19 schrieb david at lang.hm:
>
>         > the distro landscape has changed a bit in the last few
>         years, is it
>         > worth
>         > considering a jump to Ubuntu if it has a better fit for your
>         release
>         > cycle? at the very least it telegraphs the long-term support
>         versions.
>

>         Ubuntu also seems a much better fit in spirit than RedHat.
>

> No distribution wars pleeeease :) Let's stay on topic...
>
> Marco

Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child