Fedora 10 for 9.1.0?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:21:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> We went through this early on in the development of the OLPC software
> stack. It became clear that we were not far enough along to be able to
> settle in on RHEL. Maybe we'll be at that point after another turn or
> two of the crank. Maybe the XS will be there sooner. But too much is
> in flux.

Agreed - it's an understood tradeoff - we get freshest code, and in
turn we have to either fall out of support or spend a huge effort in
the rebase.

However, it's not the only way.

With some hints and help from the Fedora/RH crowd the path from Fedora
to RHEL may become a viable path. People in the Fedora community are
asking for this and if you read between the (flaming) lines, there is
some sense to the request.

Of course, there are also technical issues in carving that path. You
can see the "interesting" issues that Ubuntu LTS support sometimes
hits. I can't say it's an easy road either.

cheers.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions