green icon seen when booting

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Oct 4 21:32:51 EDT 2008

> The green laptop signifies that NAND FLASH is being searched for boot
> files (developer key, activation lease key, kernel, ramdisk).

Thank you very much.

Now it makes sense for me -- I normally have a "permanent" SD card,
which has the developer key on it.  So I do not see the green icon,
since the search for the developer key is satisfied by the SD card.

But once in a while I do not have my developer key on an SD card -
then the green icon gets shown to indicate "searching on NAND".

Thank you for explaining,  mikus