Power Management plan for December.

S Page info at skierpage.com
Fri Nov 28 19:26:51 EST 2008

Michael Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 04:18:11PM -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
>> Comments welcome.  Are there important power management bugs that I've
>> left out?
>
> Yes; namely, finding or writing a good technical introduction to the
> subject of power management as it applies to our software and hardware.
> Such a document will be invaluable in coming months because, without it,
> we'll communicate at a fraction of the efficiency we can achieve if
> we're all starting from the same basic terminology and facts.
>
> Perhaps this document already exists and I just don't know about it?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Power_management and its links at the top
*should* be that document :-)

Besides the technical details, there are
1. The requests from deployments for the feature:
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_requests
2. The feature for tracking purposes, currently:
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#Power_management
3. The blueprint/plan to implement the feature;
    Mr. Ball's fine plan of attack belongs in this last one.
    Maybe http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Longer_battery_life that Kim Quirk
created in October?

I think Greg Smith's continuing work on 9.1.0 features and requirements
will help organize this.

--
=S Page