XO Feature Roadmap Meeting Minutes from November 26

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:06:45 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ed, Gary, Deepak, Ben, Caryl and possibly other met on IRC on Wed.
> November 25.

Sorry to not have made this, still fighting with the jet lag here...

> - Feature Roadmap page and 9.1 planning
> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap) :

I went through it and I'm a bit confused about time/scope/target:

* What's the time target of these features? I assume 9.1 *and* beyhond?
* Is it work OLPC stuff is going to do or something we encourage the
community to take over?
* Do we need some sort of consensus about features before adding them to the
roadmap? For example it's the first time I hear Joe "remove the frame" idea
and I don't think it has been discussed at all with the design team.
* Any reason to *not* use trac directly for it instead of the wiki? It
mostly seems like a list of items.
* How do I propose a feature to be added to the list?

Thanks,
Marco