XO Feature Roadmap Meeting Minutes from November 26

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:14:49 EST 2008

Ed, Gary, Deepak, Ben, Caryl and possibly other met on IRC on Wed. 
November 25.


- XO Camp miniconference dates are set for January 12 - 16 in Cambridge!

* Greg, Ed and others to update XO camp agenda to refine it and follow 
up with presenters to get more detailed agendas and presentations.

- Feature Roadmap page and 9.1 planning 
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap) :
* Greg to send e-mail to Mel asking for help recruiting people to work 
on the Feature roadmap page. The roadmap gang will work on updating the 
feature roadmap page to ensure every important feature request has a 
place and adding tags and reformatting as needed.

* Greg to send cjb and ed and invite for a power meeting (other key 
stakeholders welcome so may do it on IRC if there is demand). Current 
documentation on requirements is at: 

* Greg to add detail to meaning of Deployability as the goal for 9.1. So 
far, the top 5 items for 9.1 are:
- Rebasing on F10
- power management
- localization/translation
- activation/lease/signing/management
- run linux and any linux app easily

Other things can be worked on as bug fixes. Lots of debate about feature 
vs. bug. Agreement that major areas of work should have an item on the 
feature roadmap page but Trac will also be tagged to allow easy querying 
of must fix bugs. Discussion of touchpad as something we will work on 
and how to document it.

Main idea is that all items have one or more tickets in Trac. Main 
topics and features should also have a location in the Wiki which can 
also list Trac bugs.

Mention that we need to keep 9.1 plan up to date with sugar plans 
(http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/0.84/Ideas). I believe that is 
all accounted for but should check for synch again soon.

Next steps on Roadmap page are to get the feature roadmap in to shape by 
Wed. December 3. Then documentation can focus more on Trac after that.

Next meeting: Wed. December 3, 2PM US ET IRC Freenode.net #olpc-meeting 

Agenda for next week:

10 minutes - XO camp update
10 minutes - Status and action items for Feature roadmap page updates.
30 minutes - Agree on Trac conventions for 9.1.
10 minutes - Set agenda for next week and write down action items.


Greg S

More information about the Devel mailing list