Screen burn in question (XO B4 ~10 months use)

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Nov 24 15:02:33 EST 2008

Hi list,

Just a quick ping on the expected behaviour regarding 'screen burn
in'. I'm starting to notice ghost image burn in across the top of the
screen (XO B4** ~10 months use), where the standard toolbar dark grey
usually sits. It's clear enough I can make out the search area,
spyglass icon and input cursor line. It's not too visible when the
screen is showing 100% white, but quite noticeable when a grey fill is
being used.

I can take a photo if anyone needs a reference.

It suggests that having the actual lcd display power off (and not just
backlight screen dimming) is important for more than just energy saving.

** BTW B4s lost most of their power saving feature support about the
time I received mine for development work, so this one has had a life
of screen on for most days.

--Gary