NetworkManager-0.7

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Nov 11 06:06:21 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 2:05 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> "... joyride will break often over the ... next few months ..."
>
> I appear to be having difficulties communicating with this list. When I ask
> for advice - it is sparse;  when I don't ask - it is offered.  I'm not sure
> of the purpose of the above sentence - am I being advised to leave joyride
> to "development"?

I just meant to say that while development is happening, things will
likely be broken, possibly for substantial periods of time, and
sometimes on purpose. We tagged NetworkManager-0.7 in full
understanding that it would almost completely break networking (you
aren't doing anything wrong if you can't get it working right).
Firstly, NM-0.7 is a prerequisite for us to put sugar-0.83 in the
build, and it's difficult to time everything at once (there are other
prerequisites too). Secondly, Tomeu already stated that even when the
sugar-0.83 upgrade is complete, there is currently no support for
wireless access points or mesh networking.

I think perhaps you have the wrong expectations about joyride. If you
want to be using this as a production machine, then you probably want
to stay away from joyride until we enter the bug-fixes-only part of
the cycle (a few months away).

Daniel