Adobe opens Flash--How much?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon May 26 05:40:07 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Rob Savoye <rob at welcomehome.org> wrote:

>   Gnash, which is on the OLPC already, supports up to swf version 9,
> FlashLite only supports version 7. As our ActionScript 3 class library
> us still in development, I'd suggest using version 7 or 8 for the best
> compatibility. Maybe someday I'll manage to get somebody to build a more
> recent version of Gnash for the XO, as the version being shipped is
> ancient, but there appears to be nothing I can do about it.

Anybody knows what stops us from directly using the standard gnash
build in fedora?

If we really need to maintain our own gnash rpms, then I volunteer
(with my limited koji skills and time) to keep them updated.

> To be
> honest, I've given up paying much attention to the OLPC project thanks
> to Nicholas, so good luck.

Rob, you can be sure most people here understands what you feel. Just
wanted to say that, regardless of what Nicholas says, there will be
several hundreds of thousands of kids using Sugar/Linux to learn on
the XO before this year ends.

Not completely happy with that, we're working on making our software
available in other hardware platforms and for other deployments. This
community is forming right now in http://sugarlabs.org.

Thanks for your hard work and support,

Tomeu