Release process

Alex Belits abelits at phobos.illtel.denver.co.us
Fri May 23 20:22:22 EDT 2008

Jim Gettys wrote:
> I will note that "testing" in Debian wasn't a good place to live for a
> very long time: it didn't get timely security updates, and consequently,
> no one ran it (so it got minimal testing, despite its name).

Except for Sarge. There was a three-year interval between "Potato" and
"Sarge" stable releases, so toward the end of the process server users
had to migrate to then-testing Sarge to be able to use modern versions
of software.

At approximately the same time Ubuntu was started, with one of
distinctions from Debian being stable releases twice a year.

--
Alex