No kernel messages displayed on 2.6.26-rc2

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Fri May 23 12:44:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Alex Belits <abelits at belits.com> wrote:
> Denver Gingerich wrote:
>>
>> For the record, this is the olpc.fth file that I'm using to boot from OFW:
>> \ Boot script
>> " ro root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootdelay=1 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0
>> fbcon=font:SUN12x22" to boot-file
>> boot sd:\boot\vmlinuz
>
> Add "unfreeze" (without quotes) after the first (comment) line.

Thanks for the tip.  I tried that and was successfully able to boot
the 2.6.22-20071121.7 kernel without holding the check key on boot,
but it made no difference when booting 2.6.26-rc2 either with or
without the check key held.  Booting 2.6.26-rc2 still causes a
completely white screen to be displayed (no kernel messages can be
seen).

Any other suggestions?  Has anyone successfully booted 2.6.26-rc2 from
the laptop.org git on a C2 XO-1?

Denver