XO-2

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu May 22 16:01:23 EDT 2008

On 5/22/08, Ludovic FERRE <ludovic.ferre+olpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We may need to rethink how certain parts of the UI work in order to
>  > better support touchscreen operation.  For example, the frame might be
>  > 'pulled' out from the corner using a drag gesture; perhaps the same
>  > gesture would be required on the XO-1.  Right click context menus are
>  > not so natural on a touchscreen; will we define a gesture to activate
>  > them, or try to shift to a different mechanism?  How will gestures be
>  > discoverable?
>
> What about a game touring users around the hardware features (playfully)?
>  This is what is done in most games introducing specific controls/behaviours.

I've been trying to get someone to tackle this project.  It was on my
list of projects I posted earlier:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-May/013696.html

Most of the support requests we get (even for the XO-1) are for basic
"how do I use this thing" type questions.   Preparing a nice
walk-through activity would be really useful.  (This is how my Palm
device taught me how to use it, for example.)

Starting with an XO-1 activity would be a good step towards making
such an activity for the XO-2 eventually.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )