[sw-eco] Keyboard Support for Haiti & Ethiopia - OLPC 8.1.1 bugfix release

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Thu May 15 17:23:11 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 07:54:46PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> --- officially ---
>
> According to tickets #6973 and #6945, 703 loads the wrong keyboard map
> for Haiti and inappropriately invokes GTK-IM for Ethiopia. It is
> proposed that we make a small bug-fix release to allow Haiti and
> Mongolia to make effective use of their laptops with a 703-like build.
>
> The USR process checklist for this release is here:
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SW-ECO_5_Checklist
>
> and the Wiki documentation is at
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SW-ECO_5
>
> At present, we believe that #6973 and #6945 can be fixed without
> security-sensitive changes.

I've filed #7014 to follow the life-cycle of the first candidate build
containing Sayamindu's changes (plus a few other odds and ends). I'll
need your help in the next couple of days to close that ticket by
reviewing all the code changes made against the 703 package-set, finding
or writing appropriate tests for the bugs listed, and executing those
tests (as well as the smoke test).

Also, I remain interested in pulling in other changes that close
existing bugs. Please suggest some plausible changes. (I'll suggest a
few myself in my next email).

Thanks

Michael