[sw-eco] Keyboard Support for Haiti & Ethiopia - OLPC 8.1.1 bugfix release

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Thu May 15 18:05:54 EDT 2008

I'm just getting some feedback from Quanta on problems with Mongolian
laptops as they are producing a couple thousand this week and will be
shipping them out.

I will try to recreate these issues and we can see if they fit the same
areas of change and if there is another fix that could be a candidate for
bug fix release.

Looking ahead, the next new keyboard/country that will be manufactured is
Dari (Afghanistan), starting in 2 weeks from now. Perhaps I can get to
testing that one as well with 703 and see what issues they will have BEFORE
they have them.  After Dari, there are only English and Spanish laptops for
5-6 weeks.

For people who want to help with this testing, the basic idea is that you
need to set your laptop to the desired country and then follow the test
cases found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tests/Keyboard_mappings

Kim