Acoustic Measure Problem

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon May 12 08:36:08 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  There is a much larger point here, though.  I would love to get more
>  (any!) feedback from teachers about my code, so I know what's important in
>  the field.  Until you mentioned this page, I had no idea that it existed.
>  ~ I'm sure many other developers feel the same way.  It seems that the
>  teachers want to give us feedback too, but somehow, the loop is not closing.
>
>  We need to connect this feedback loop.  We need a way to get complaints
>  back from the field into the hands of developers, like I've suggested in
>  #6950.  We've talked about translating Trac, but if Trac is too
>  complicated, then perhaps we need to set up an RT list:
>  inconvenientes at laptop.org.  Maybe also a simple webform at
>  inconvenientes.laptop.org, for those with web access but no e-mail.  Then
>  we need to tell the teachers that these things exist, and make them
>  understand that we really do want to hear about what they don't like.
>
>  I want to hear complaints about my software, and then I want a way to open
>  a dialogue with those who are having problems.  This is the first step
>  toward improving open systems.

I like your suggestions, two questions:

- What would be done with the info submitted? Could there be an
automatic process or someone would need to manually triage and send to
trac/mailing lists?

- How we could get back to the submitter?

Thanks,

Tomeu