ex-preinstalled and now unsupported activities (Re: Update.1)

Walter Bender walter at laptop.org
Wed Mar 12 13:02:18 EDT 2008

Part of the confusion is terminology. If by pre-installed, you mean
part of the OS image, then the only pre-installed activity is the
Journal, and that only because Sugar doesn't really work without
(yet). But the activity bundle that will be included with the OS image
has "pre-installed" by default all of the activities that were
included since 650.

-walter

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2008, at 17:35 , C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>
>  > On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Korakurider
>  > <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> Ex-preinstalled activities are now called "unsupported
>  >> activities" :-<
>  >
>  > Where does it say that?
>
>  I said that, and you answered that my summary was basically right.
>
>  Calling only selected activities "supported" (as per #6598) implies
>  the others are "unsupported" by how the English language works, as far
>  as I can tell.
>

>  >  I believe the current plan is that the
>  > "preinstalled" activities are now called "supported" activities,
>
>  Is that official? I.e., should we change the "pre-installed" moniker
>  on the wiki's Activities page?
>

>  > and
>  > the build we test here at OLPC is the core build + the G1G1
>  > customization key (which installs those "supported" activities).  We
>  > can't afford to test every activity and every combination of
>  > activities, but the current plan explicitly maintains the status quo
>  > ante.
>
>  Is that customization key available for download, yet?
>
>  - Bert -

Walter Bender
One Laptop per Child
http://laptop.org