ex-preinstalled and now unsupported activities (Re: Update.1)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 12 12:51:35 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 17:35 , C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Korakurider
> <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ex-preinstalled activities are now called "unsupported
>> activities" :-<
>
> Where does it say that?

I said that, and you answered that my summary was basically right.

Calling only selected activities "supported" (as per #6598) implies
the others are "unsupported" by how the English language works, as far
as I can tell.

>  I believe the current plan is that the
> "preinstalled" activities are now called "supported" activities,

Is that official? I.e., should we change the "pre-installed" moniker
on the wiki's Activities page?

> and
> the build we test here at OLPC is the core build + the G1G1
> customization key (which installs those "supported" activities).  We
> can't afford to test every activity and every combination of
> activities, but the current plan explicitly maintains the status quo
> ante.

Is that customization key available for download, yet?

- Bert -