OLPC-Update + RPMs WAS:Re: OLPC XO Opera browser as Sugar activity

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Mon Jun 30 23:05:50 EDT 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:03 PM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>> what I would really like to see is for OLPC to not just release the
>
> (note: I think what you are asking for is available)

I thought that it might me.

>> I would then like to see someone maintain another base-level distro that
>
> Guys, it'd be great to run all the distros, all the WMs out there, and
> Hurd too. It is just a ton of work, which has not been interesting
> enough for anybody to get it done.Let's move quickly from rethoric to
> working code, or drop the conversation.

please note that I was making the request for there to be one alternate,
not requesting any in particular, and definatnly not asking for all of
them.

I was also trying to be clear that this is not something for OLPC to do,
but that should be done by someone else. the fact that OLPC has now pushed
the kernel modifications upstream will be a drastic help for this sort of
thing.

I may end up doing this later on, but right now I'm working on getting
ready to go do fireworks for the rest of the week, so it will definantly
not be me this weekd ;-)