Release Status Report - 8.2.0

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Jun 13 11:41:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > is there background missing from trac?  i don't read anything in #6010
   > other than "we wake up only to go right back to sleep too often",
   > which seems even more benign (leaving power usage aside) than
   > you're describing.

Yes, there's some background missing -- both the lid switch detection
and power button detection have proven occasionally unreliable from
inside the kernel, and having them unreliable leads to a confusing state
of seeing the laptop turn on and off again quickly.  The lid bug is:

   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5703

That's not the main reason for doing it, though; we've always planned
on having the wakeup decision made by the EC, but didn't have the
ability to set the wakeup mask until recently.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>