Fwd: Release Status Report - 8.2.0

Kim Quirk kim.quirk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 19:37:49 EDT 2008

Testing People, Support People, Technical Contacts in Deployments,

Please see the note below from Michael Stone who is the release manager for
our upcoming 8.2.0 release. Along with Michael acting as a central contact
point for development input to this release, Joe Feinstein has recently
joined OLPC as our QA Lead. He will be generating the release criteria, and
directing the test planning and execution. They are currently working to
document the full list of features targeted for this release. Please send
your thoughts on release criteria to Joe (copying appropriate public lists).

I have added a number of people to the TO: list who are technical contacts
from various country deployments. We are talking about setting up a mailing
list of deployment technical people (deployment-tech?). This list would be
used for OLPC to post release and use-case information to countries. It can
also be used for countries to provide feedback on requested features and
serious bugs. Continue to use 'help at laptop.org' ticketing system to report
bugs and get general help.  Please respond if there is interest in this
mailing list.

Thanks,
Kim Quirk
VP Software and Support